Alicia received her Texas state massage therapy license in 2012 from LoneStar College in Houston, Texas. . Her practice is located at 7825 Hwy 6N, Suite 102A, Houston, Texas, 77095 (corner of Logenbaugh and Hwy 6N). Modalities include Oncology (Cancer Care), Senior/Geriatric, Therapeutic, and Relaxation massage. Upon graduating she worked with a chiropractor for a year and has completed several continuing education courses including:
- Myopractic Techniques – 2012-2013 – 36 hrs
- 10th Annual Integrative Oncology Training Conference for MT – 2014 – 25 hrs
- Oncology Massage Intensive: Caring for Clients with Cancer – 2014 – 32 hrs
- Tracy Walton Oncology Mentorship Program – 2015 – 40 hrs
- Daybreak Geriatric Massage Training – 2015 – 18 hrsAlicia joined the Oncology Massage Alliance in 2015 and currently volunteers at North Cypress Medical Center in their radiation department offering free hand massages to patients (before or after their treatment) and their caregiver(s). She is also a Preferred Provider through the Society for Oncology Massage.
- Muscle Testing 1 & 2 – 2017 – 12 hours
For Alicia, deciding to become an Oncology Massage Therapist has been one of the most rewarding decisions she has ever made. Cancer has touched her life through friends being diagnosed with breast cancer and multiple myeloma, to her sister’s death due to a very rare form of brain cancer, to recently having her dad diagnosed and treated for a form of leukemia. As an Oncology massage therapist she see’s firsthand how a soft, gentle, and compassionate touch can bring a moment of reprieve and peace to a cancer patient at a time when their lives are so hectic and unpredictable. Her practice also focuses on the caregiver(s) who need a safe place to receive support not only physically, but also emotionally.
Alicia joined the Oncology Massage Alliance in 2015 and currently volunteers at North Cypress Medical Center in their radiation and infusion departments offering free hand massages to patients (before or after their treatment) and their caregiver(s).