We are sad to announce that Oncology Massage Alliance will be shutting our doors at the end of 2022. We are so grateful to all our Donors and Oncology Massage Therapists for which we could not have accomplished everything we have done since 2011. It has been our honor and privilege to have provided complimentary massages to over 22,000 cancer patients, caregivers and healthcare workers.
OMA's goal was to make oncology massage accessible and affordable to patients undergoing cancer treatments as well as to educate the public about the benefits of massage for overall health. We began our efforts in 2011 and will be closing out our services in 2022. The following accounts for the 11 years of service our nonprofit was able to reach out to.
- Oncology massages given to cancer patients: 21,704
- Massages to Healthcare workers: 482
- Massages to Caregivers: 1338
- Cancer facilities served: 15
- Community Outreach Events: 75
- Total Massage Therapists who joined: 68
- Educational Stipends given out over the years: 16
- We are proud to say that from 2011 to 2021 OMA has been able to raise $253,022 and use 91% of those funds to provide oncology massages directly to cancer patients at no cost to them.
- Total income/donations: $253,022.20
- Total expenses: $241,840.09
- Paid out to Therapists: $213,027